Organized by European Commission, in cooperation with Strategic Working Groups AKIS and Food Systems of the Standing Committee for Agricultural Research (SCAR), the objectives of the workshop are:
- Highlight and discuss the main challenges and/or opportunities that agri-food SMES are confronted with, and the collaborative innovation approaches that have a potential to help to solve these problems or to develop the opportunities.
- Describe and discuss knowledge flows/exchange among agri-food SMEs and along the supply chain, how these can lead to innovation, and how to support this
- Formulate recommendations & list best practices
With specific attention to:
- cross-fertilisation between agri-food SMEs and the various links in the chain from primary producer (e.g. farmer), agri-food SME, retailer, seller (baker, butcher,...) etc, until consumer
- consumer expectations (quality, local, organic, traditional food), environmental aspects
- market opportunities and challenges (economic aspects)
- Exchange of best practices for agri-food SMEs
- Building collective intelligence with regards to innovation along the supply chain and innovation policies (regional, national, EU); as basis for possible
- policy recommendations and possible follow-up actions
SKIN is participating and leading the workshop presenting a business case on short food supply and the values of the chain.